How to colour your hair with Henna POWDER
Colour and Condition Your Hair Naturally with Surya Henna Powder
Watch this clip via YouTube and then read the instructions below:
- Wash your hair with shampoo to remove residue, styling products and to prepare hair to receive Surya Brasil’s henna colouring treatment. Do not use creams or conditioners. Try Surya Brasil Color Fixation Restorative Shampoo.
- Rinse shampoo and towel dry your hair.
- Put on the complimentary gloves found in the box of Surya Henna Powder.
- Open the pouch of Surya Henna Powder and pour into a plastic or glass bowl. Add half a cup of lukewarm water. Blend into a uniformed paste. Mix well until the consistency is thick and creamy.
- Gently apply the paste to the hair, still wet, with a proper application brush. Be careful to always use the gloves.
- Note: during application be careful not to pull the paste from the roots to hair ends with a comb, since this will remove colour from your hair.
- After applying colour, cover the hair with the plastic shower cap. Strictly follow the indicated time on the colour chart to obtain desired colour (see the colour chart in the instruction manual for desired results).
- Rinse thoroughly removing the colour until the rinse water is clear.
- Apply Surya Brasil Color Fixation Conditioner. Rinse thoroughly and style as usual.
- An additional shampoo to remove any residual henna powder will not affect hair colour results.
- Protect your clothes with a plastic apron to avoid staining.
- Use dark towels (black or dark brown are recommended).
- Use a timepiece to calculate the time correctly.
- In order to avoid colouring the skin, only use the gloves inside the box of Surya Henna Powder.
- This product can release pigments in the first washings because it’s a toning coloration through deposition. Do not mix chemical products, dyes, dye removers hydrogen peroxide, lye, ammonia, creams, conditioners or metallic salts with Surya Brasil Henna Powder as it may alter the composition of the product.
- Do not use a metallic bowl – use only plastic or glass.
- The use of this product on previously dyed, permed or bleached hair may cause undesirable colours. Before applying on the entire hair, first test the cream on a small lock of hair.
- Apply a small amount of the colour on the forearm or behind the ear.
- Wait for 24 hours to see if there is any skin irritation. If any redness or irritation occurs, do not attempt to colour your hair.
Surya Brasil Henna Powder colours without severing the original structure of the capillary keratin. This natural hair colour forms a protective film around each hair, protecting the health of each strand. Surya Henna Powder nourishes hair providing increased lustre, softness and elasticity. Applying this natural colour includes an intensive treatment and shine from scalp-to-ends.
Surya Henna Powder is a henna based hair colour that is 100% natural and vegetal that conditions the hair while it colours. Available shades are -Ash Brown, Brown, Burgundy, Golden Brown, Mahogany, Neutral (to be used to condition the hair without colour deposit), Red, Strawberry, and Swedish Blonde.
View our Shade Chart >